CAE rumbles on: ANSYS, ESI and Exa earnings recaps

CAE rumbles on: ANSYS, ESI and Exa earnings recaps

Over the last few weeks, CAE companies have released earnings that highlight the growing importance of CAE technology in many companies’ product development processes, and the impact these technologies are having on the enterprises that use them. First, key...
ESI reports steady progress in Q4

ESI reports steady progress in Q4

ESI just reported revenue for the fourth quarter and fiscal year that ended on January 31 — and the news is good. Recall that ESI’s revenue is really backweighted, with the bulk of renewals coming in Q4 and skewing result for earlier periods each year....
ESI acquires Scilab, a numerical computation platform

ESI acquires Scilab, a numerical computation platform

ESI Group today announced that it has acquired Scilab Enterprises SAS, which publishes and offers professional services for Scilab, the open source software for numerical computation that’s an alternative to MATLAB from The Mathworks. This is ESI’s second...
ESI’s Q3 shows continued momentum

ESI’s Q3 shows continued momentum

It looks like things may finally be coming together for ESI. Q3 results, released a few weeks ago, show that the company is reaching new customers, deepening relationships with longtime customers — and partnering with a leading research institute to...
ESI blows past forecasts in H1 2016

ESI blows past forecasts in H1 2016

ESI reported Q2 results last month (apologies for the delay in getting to this) that show that its vision for virtual prototyping may be starting to take hold. The company reported that H1 revenue was up 16% as reported, led by license growth. Acquisitions, namely...
ESI seeks to reinvent PLM by moving to PPL

ESI seeks to reinvent PLM by moving to PPL

ESI hopes to move manufacturing beyond PLM, and into what it calls PPL, Product Performance Lifecycle. The company defines traditional PLM as “product development until commercial launch” while PPL addresses the product’s “whole...
ESI buys Mineset big data analytics from SGI

ESI buys Mineset big data analytics from SGI

ESI today announced that it is acquiring Mineset Inc., a big data visual analytics and machine-learning specialist, from SGI. [Recall that ESI acquired OpenCFD Ltd, owner of the OpenFOAM Trademark, from SGI in 2012. — Ed.] Mineset bills itself...
ESI Group acquires ITI GmbH to add 0D/1D to its offering

ESI Group acquires ITI GmbH to add 0D/1D to its offering

ESI Group just announced that it has acquired 96% of ITI GmbH, maker of the 0D/1D SimulationX solution, and has the option to purchase the remaining 4% in three years. All ITI staff will join ESI (and it sounds like it will be business as usual for ITI customers, at...